Light, fast, and stable, the Zephyr is as close to the "do-it-all" boot as you're likely to find.
Light and fast, featuring an upper that is built on the classic Kayland derby base with over-injected system, combining lightweight, breathable, abrasion resistant upper fabrics and over-injected with a supportive protective, ergonomic PU exoskeleton. The result is reduced weight and enhanced structural support. Independent, ergonomic rear support collar.
Upper: Breathable Abrasion Resistant Textile + Overinjected PU Cage
Lining: eVent Cocona
Construction: Board Lasted
Sole: Vibram Mars
Backpacker's Magazine Editors' Choice for 2009
MPN: KHK003M.03 Brand: Kayland
Cocona is derived from would-be discarded or "upcycled" Coconut shell husks. The husks are then processed into activated charcoal carbon and blended into a polyester matrix, which is spun into a fiber and then knit into a baselayer fabric. Cocona is integral to the fiber, naturally occurring and cannot wash out.
1) Dries incredibly fast, 25 percent faster, addressing the user's needs these days with shorter trips requiring maximum performance
2) Controls odor naturally, no anti-microbial treatment
3) Provides UV protection, resists UV rays, rated UPF 40 and up
4) Outstanding comfort, soft hand, luxurious next to skin
5) Natural & Permanent, naturally enhanced performance that lasts a lifetime.